- Bought a cheap cooler and plastic bin at the Mart of Wals.
- Measured the difference in height between the interior and exterior of the cooler.
- Cut a hole in the bin.
- Put the cooler in the bin and cut a hole through the foam.
- Made sure the holes matched up.
- Gorilla Taped the edges to make sure the cooler was secure and flush with the bin (and also to keep it from being damaged as the cat went in and out).
- Lined the interior with cushy foam, a heating pad (because mom's a softie) and a washable leopard print cloth to make the cat feel pampered and at home.
- Made sure everything was lined up, with the door out of the wind, and put some kitty treats inside the shelter.
- Observed as cat refused to make use of its new shelter, choosing instead to sleep on the cold hard cement outside house.
This is why I prefer dogs.