Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Silence Saga

It's funny, really; I never intended for the story of Silence Do-Good's origin to be as long as it is. I figured I could tell her story in one post, maybe two if I got wordy, but the more I wrote the more I realized the sheer amount of history she was not only witness to, but also part of. The more I wrote, the more needed to be written. Frankly, I'm surprised I was able to stop at all.

I want to thank you for your interest in my centuries-spanning fictional biography, and for your patience in reading what felt like (to me, at least) something that would never end. Still, I did manage to finish it, which is a rare enough accomplishment for me, and I am justly proud of it.

I still worry that perhaps I made Silence a bit too Mary Sue-ish. If you agree, I can only apologize; I tried my damnedest to make her multi-faceted and interesting.


At any rate, the Silence Saga has its own page now, for ease of reading, and all entries in this blog have been made easily printable through a button at the bottom of each post. While the Saga itself is finished, I do intend to add to it, with art and addenda such as an "Official Handbook" version of Silence's powers and abilities.

I have every intention of returning to what I have begun calling "Poor Richard's Universe". Silence's tale may be told, but she has left an amazing legacy that deserves revisiting.

Thanks for reading, and don't shout in the library. ;)



PS: "El Capo" was Al Capone, which means that "Prohibitor and the Gangbusters" were Eliot Ness and his Untouchables. I'm surprised no one caught that.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Richard's Universe?

    OMG that is cool! I love it. Seriously. What a cool name for a supers universe. Perhaps your official handbook/who's who should be called 'The Super Almanac' or 'Poor Richard's Almanac of the Extranormal'.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.