UPDATE (10/18/2013): Due to Halloween happening on a Thursday, and the financial tightness of the recent government furlough, I will be extending the drawing to happen at midnight Eastern time, November 3rd. This gives folks time to earn another paycheck before the raffle runs out!
UPDATE TWO (10/21/13): For clarity's sake, I should mention that when you enter, you aren't just assigned something at random if you win. What I do is, first I will draw to see who wins. Then I contact the winners and tell them to give me a list of, say, their top 5 prizes. The first winner gets #1 on his list, and the second winner gets the first item on his list -- unless the first winner claimed that, in which case he gets #2 on his list, and so forth. By this method, I hope to pair up prizes with people who really, really want them!
Happy October everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the sight of men in kilts all last month, because --
Jesus, Erin. Are you going to shake us down for more money?
Well.... yes. But it's for a good cause! And look, this time I have prizes!
How about a signed book of your choice by Michael Z. Williamson? We have two of those. And five signed books by Larry Correia!
... well played. Do go on.
You know I've been spearheading the effort to secure enough funds for Squeaky Wheel's surgery, and then post-surgical care/ medications/ bills/ unexpected crap that always happens, right?
Good news: Her surgery is scheduled for October 18. Update: She came through with flying colors.
Bad news: She doesn't have enough to pay for the deductible and needs at least $1800 more.
OCD news: This makes the needed total a nice round $6000, and $4200 of that has already been funded.
Shiny news: I'm going to be running a raffle filled with lots of really cool things designed to fill you with enough OMG WANT! that you'll gladly empty your wallet for a chance to get them.
Here's what I have at the moment. I am working on pulling some strings in order to get more awesome stuff!
$5 Ticket Items
- An 8x10 print by famous pony artist (and friend of this blog) Joie Brown. Winner picks from one of these three choices: Ponythulu, Fluttershy, or Derpy photobombing the Mane 6 (I totally want that one.)
- Some lovely b&w sketches from a Brony friend of mine named Ezra Hinson featuring: Princess Cadence, Gilda the Griffon, and (separately) Flim and Flam, Salesponies Nonpariel. (They really should go to the same home... they're brothers, after all....)
- A lovely wind chime similar to the one pictured here, handmade by Mark White of Rimfire Designs:
- A quartet of cunning hats (three adult size, one for kids) by the talented Evelyn Hively:
- A painting of your choice by Renee Williams (link to portfolio here).
- 30 minutes of technical recommendations or support by the skilled Allison Babcock. There are two sessions available to be won.
- A set of three "Militia rocker tabs" donated by Thirdpower!
- And last but certainly not least, a personalized answering machine message (or any other performance no longer than a minute) by skilled voice actress Prentice Osborne. She also does pony voices!
- This just in: The_Jack has offered to donate an entire pork loin -- 2 lbs worth -- of smoked meat, seasoned with "Cajun Spice, Cumin, and Cayenne Pepper." It's kind of like jerky, but not as dry.
- 1 set of handmade soaps in autumn molds & scents, made by my good friend Taryn K:
- Another set of soaps, but with a winter theme and scents.
- An adorable 4-5" tall crocheted Sgt. Schlock, handmade by Danica West:
This is just an example. She will make it to your specification after you win, thereby allowing you to customize:
- the color
- the pose
- the number of arms/eyes
- the weapon (plasgun or other)
- Echo Sling is offering up not one, but TWO -- one brown, one tan -- of their "tougher than a German Shepherd" slings. Each one is a $5 ticket item.
The two on the left.
- A signed book of your choice by Michael "MadMike" Williamson. We have not one, but TWO of these. He has clarified that the two signed books he is offering are hardcovers, and you can choose from any of the following titles:Again, all of these are hardcover. If there's another book you really want, he has it in paperback.
- A signed book of your choice by Larry Correia. We have FIVE of these. You may choose from any of these titles:
- A signed copy of Mind Bridges: Seven Facets of Magic by Julia H. West.
- Her husband, Brook West, is donating an MHI Challenge Coin, to be delivered as soon as the product ships in Januray 2014
- A signed and personalized copy of The Flux Engine by Dan Willis.
- Two exclusive Project: Shadows comic books (one per winner) signed by Alfred Trujillo, professional comic book artist! One book is also signed by Nei Ruffino, and the other is also signed by Cara Nicole.
- Jay "Da Tinman" Ater is putting up two hand-made items. First, a lovely metal butterfly:
- Second, a shield. Per his email: Pictures don’t do that any justice, the flames are hammered out and are 1/2” proud at the deepest parts. Several million hammer blows and lots of cussing. The rivets around the edges are real aircraft style brass and are hand bucked in. Flames aren’t mandatory either, if you want I could make it a custom piece with the winner’s last initial hammered in or a pattern of their choosing as long as its not unpossible to do.
- Friend of the blog Troy Hickman is offering a signed copy of his trade paperback Common Grounds!
- Howard Tayler of Schlock Mercenary fame has generously offered a numbered sketch edition of his latest book, The Body Politic, and the number will "be in the high 800's or maybe low 900's." Winner chooses the sketch.
- Daniel G -- a gentleman I met over Facebook -- came to me and offered TWO HUNDRED ROUNDS of hand-loaded .45 ACP. Here is his info on the ingredients:
Here is the load info: I use 185 grain Berrys Hollow base round nose bullets with an O.A.L of 1.250 inches and 5.7 grains of Bullseye powder. It's built as a light target load.
- A signed copy of Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads! by Mike Pondsmith.
- Jim Wrench, of Mydnight's Hobby Corner, has painted two absolutely gorgeous "Brony Mecha", adorned with the cutie marks of Princesses Luna and Celestia, and bearing the faction marks of the Solar Empire and New Lunar Republic:
Celestia, Sola Invicta Luna, Nos Custodit
- And finally, because I want you guys to know I am giving as much as you are -- my very own inside-the-waistband magazine holder, custom made by Michael "Evyl Robot" Hast of The Holster Site. This beautiful piece of art is practically new -- I've only worn it once. Please find a good home for it!
Magazines not included.
Jay Grazio of Ma-rooned has graciously offered to encourage donations by posing for pictures! For each $20 donated, Jay will put on his kilt and be photographed doing whatever you choose, so long as 1) It isn't illegal, and 2) Won't get him in trouble with his wife.
|Why yes. Yes he does.|
Here's How You Enter
Make a donation to Squeaky's YouCaring site and forward to me (erin DOT palette AT gmail DOT com) your PayPal receipt along with how many $5 and $10 tickets you want. If you contribute $20 or more, tell me in the forwarded PayPal email what kind of picture you want JayG to take.
The drawing will be held on October 31, hence the name "Squeak or Treat." Laugh damn you.