That was probably wise.
|My use of Traveller setting and dress falls under|
fair use guidelines for both Mongoose and Far Future Enterprises.
The Peregrine-class interceptor is little more than a 10 dton fighter mounted to a 20 dton engine. This gives it incredible performance (15G maneuver) at the expense of nearly everything else.
As an interceptor, its mission profile is simple:
- Travel under stealth at high speed toward a target.
- Scan the target and determine if it is hostile or not.
- If hostile, deploy its payload of high-yield missiles at short range (to prevent them being shot down by point defense).
- Return to base to re-arm, or track the hostile at a safe range, as situation demands.
In order to accomplish this mission, severe miniaturization is used. As a result, the Peregrine is an exceptionally expensive TL15 fighter (193.7 MCr, not counting the sunk costs for stealth technology*).
* Rules for enhanced stealth can be found in Noah Ternullo's excellent Apparition-class Multirole Deep Intruder, which is recommend reading for all Traveller GMs.