Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Neat Christmas Presents

 I'm trying to get back into the habit of writing here regularly, even if it's just stuff like this. 

Somewhere along the line I got in my head the nasty notion that if I don't do "real writing" here then it doesn't "count". What it doesn't count for or against is unclear, and that's beside the point that I started this blog to encourage myself to write more and become better at it, and if I wait until my stuff is "good enough" then I may never write here again. So, here's some written crap you may or may not enjoy!

I have neat friends who send me neat things for Christmas. This year I got two gifts which I think my faithful readers will appreciate. 

The first is a really cute set of rum cups that come in their own little box! Thank you, Oddball!






Another friend send me this, and it speaks for itself:


The actual gift was a gift card underneath the herring. Still, I give him many points for a funny joke!

As for the herring itself? Well, despite looking like the fourth week of Lilith Fair...


...it wasn't that bad. 

Mind you, it wasn't great, either; it tasted a lot like tuna in a mild ketchup. 

Finally, I'd like to thank all the lovely people who pitched in and helped me get a new-to-me computer on Cyber Monday. My old one was slowing down by the day and wouldn't have lasted until my birthday, so I asked some people if they would donate so I could by a replacement. They did, and I'm happy to report that I'm very pleased with how it performs!

Here are the specs:
  • HP Z220 Workstation
  • Intel Quad Core i7 3.4GHz processor
  • 16 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 1 TB SSD HD
  • Windows 10 Pro
What's more, the same model (but with a SATA HDD) is now selling for $80 more than what I paid in November! So thank you for helping me save money as well!

All right, that's all for now. Let's see if I have the gas to keep this up for a week.. and then a week after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.