Pellatarrum is a D&D campaign world I am creating which has recurring themes of elementalism, zany pseudo-clockwork universes, and older races creating servitor races which rebel against them.The cyclic nature of reality is emphasized and, in some cases, actually measurable.
It is a world without a sun, yet has a day/night cycle. It is a place where fire and rocks routinely fall from the sky. It is infinite, yet bounded by the finite.
It is a world without gods, because they all died in a massive armageddon in a previous age. In lieu of deities, the people of Pellatarrum worship the Positive Energy Plane as the giver of life, and fear the Negative Energy Plane as the taker.
Its official motto is "Because Fantasy, That's Why."
Its unofficial motto is "Fuck science. Fuck it up the ass."
Pellatarrum in Print!
A selection of these articles has been printed in Claw/Claw/Bite magazine and is available for purchase. Please consider buying a copy! If I can become a professionally paid writer then my productivity will increase and you will get more Pellatarrum sooner!
What it's all about:
- Introduction and My Design Philosophy
- Cosmology and Geography
- The Meaning of the Name
- The Real Meaning of the Name
- An Explanation of the Logo
- Religions of Pellatarrum (written shortly before I began this project)
- Gods, and Lack Thereof
How it got that way:
- The Dayspire (Creation Myth part 1)
- The Lesser Races (Creation Myth part 2)
- The Underworld (Creation Myth part 3)
- The Nightspire (Creation Myth part 4)
Why it matters:
- The Day/Night Cycle
- Directions and Navigation
- The Haunted Frontier
- The Elemental Churn
- Some Questions Answered
- Insanity Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
- Energy Stars
- The Seasons (an overview)
- The Common Calendar
- Halfling Holidays
- Burial Rites
My critters are different:
- Races of Pellatarrum (capsule descriptions) Major Minor
- Priests and Energy Channeling
- Dragons (a multi-part opus): One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine Ten
- Predamentals (and real-life examples of same)
- Giants 1 2 3
Languages of Pellatarrum:
- Broken River: a city for starting PCs
- Cursebreaker Durga
- The Little Big Chicken Ranch
- Dwarven Hit Squads
- Dwarven Body Part Trafficking
- Tunnels through the Dayspire
- The Pony Invasion of Pellatarrum (humor, non-canonical)
This page will be updated as new posts are written. Links are listed according to topic, not chronologically.