So what I've decided to do is stagger the auction in chunks as pieces become available I already have 3 pieces lined up, with the possibility of more to follow. That way, instead of there being a whole bunch of neat stuff that people want but can only bid on one, it's arranged so that if you don't get what you want there's the possibility that you can get the next nifty thing on down the line.
The first item up for our Big Damn Auction is the rare and out of print Bootleg CD by none other than Marian Call, the Geek Goddess of Song and sultry chanteuse of fandom. This is her own archival copy, donated in the spirit of Christmas charity and generosity.
To make this CD even more valuable and desirable, Marian will:
- Dedicate the CD to the winner
- Autograph the cover
- Smooch it with lipstick
So not only is this CD rare, it will be personalized and, if you're into biological sciences, you might be able to clone your own Marian Call from the DNA left behind by her lip-print.
This is the link to eBay auction.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime level of rarity and no true fan can bear to be without one. Bidding will start at $12.99 US (its original price). The auction begins tonight at 10 pm Eastern time, and will run until 10 pm Saturday, December 25. Can you think of a better Christmas present for a hard-core fan?
All the proceeds for this auction will go to help my friend (and fellow Browncoat) Jean Bauhaus, whose mother-in-law, Gina, died unexpectedly last week without a will or insurance to cover the burial, and whose father-in law needs long-term medical care (diabetes, emphysema, schizophrenia) but whose applications to nursing homes have been rejected due to lack of money or his age (he's 57). In addition to the funeral and medical bills, Jean and her husband Matt also have to clean up Gina & Rob's old apartment, moving furniture and making it ready for new tenants.
We all know how hard it is to lose a loved one, and we all know how tough it is financially in this recession. Can you imagine what it must be like to be struggling to get along, only to have to bury your mother and find a nursing home for your father at your own expense? Now add to that the awful timing of this tragedy happening near Christmastime, and you know what Jean and Matt are going through.
(information taken from Marian's blog with permission)
This CD includes live cuts that have had a limited or private release, live cuts never before released, and a couple of preview tracks from the upcoming album (live cuts, not studio recordings, which will probably not be released in the future). The audio is not perfectly mixed and mastered; the songs are mostly live bootlegs. This is homebaked music — as in, burned on my laptop. This is INDIE MUSIC IN ACTION. The CD’s come with Marian’s homeburn guarantee — if the disc doesn’t work, I’ll make and ship you a new one from home, cuz I actually care about you since you’re ordering something weird like this.
- Got to Fly (live at the Snow Goose) — the world premiere; first time ever in public
- Sugar Sugar Sugar (the gift shop of Wild Horse Rescue Ranch in Arizona) — preview from Something Fierce
- Vera Flew the Coop (Live at Whole Wheat Radio)
- I Wish I Were a Real Alaskan Girl (Snow Goose)
- Flying Feels Like (Lestat’s)
- Whistle While You Wait (Snow Goose)
- Good Old Girl (Live at Whole Wheat Radio)
- Dark Dark Eyes (live at Lestat’s)
- I’ll Still Be a Geek After Nobody Thinks It’s Chic (The Nerd Anthem) (Snow Goose)
- Fall Love (Whole Wheat Radio) — about bats. Bats aren’t bugs. Not scheduled for studio release, though I like it
- Highway Five (My Dad’s Living Room) — preview from Something Fierce, my next album
- Vanilla (with Commentary by Marian Call) — since I know you were wondering why I’m not sexy
- The Volvo Song (Lestat’s) — in which I forget the words; one of two times in over 300 performances
- I Think We’re Good (My Dad’s Living Room) — about springtime in Alaska. Not scheduled for studio release
- Never Did Catch Her Name (But She’s My Wife) (Basement Recording) — about Yo-Saff-Bridge of Firefly. Not scheduled for release.
For folks interested in hearing a sample of her music, I suggest this YouTube playlist.