Monday, September 19, 2011

Whip it out

It probably comes a surprise to none of you that I am an avid reader of several gun and self-defense blogs. I don't link to them on my blogroll because, Monday Gundays aside, I don't consider myself to be a gunblogger. Mostly this is because my interests lie more along the lines of "wide-spectrum geekery" and because, honestly, I don't have a lot to say about 2nd Amendment politics or the best gun for concealed carry. Which isn't to say I don't enjoy reading about such things; I just know the limits of my ignorance, and if I tried to carry myself as a gunblogger I think I'd just end up embarrassing everyone.

But still, Weer'd Beard's blog is participating in a fun little thing, so I figured I'd play along:

Take the knife out of your pocket and take a picture of it, and post it.

Actually, I have three. Well, technically NONE, since I'm not wearing pants and therefore currently have no pockets, but these are the three that I typically carry.


In order:
  • Mora of Sweden Clipper 840 in carbon steel. This is my "open carry" knife. I typically leave it at home when I'm running errands, but when I'm going for a walk I always have it with me. I have used and abused this poor knife more than it deserves, and I'm obsessive about keeping a razor edge on it.
  • SOA MT1. This is my "every day carry" knife. I admit it, the design is over-the-top macho, and the blade is only 440 stainless. Still, it's a decent knife for doing knife-y things, and I like the integral glass-breaker and seatbelt cutter. And well, the thing looks mean, which has actually gotten me out of a jam once, even though I don't know how much use it'd be in an actual self-defense situation. 
  • No-name Leatherman knockoff the NRA sent me: It's a multitool. It's useful. I carry it everywhere I go. I usually forget it has a knife blade, because if I need things cut, I have the SOA or Mora at hand.

 So, yeah. I like knives....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.