Here, then, is the new Spinward Marches according to Erin.
Some notes as they occur to me:
- The purple lines are for high-speed (J-5 and J-6) military and diplomatic channels. They are not usually available for commercial use, although an obscenely wealthy corporation could buy space on one -- but they likely have their own J-6 ships for that.
- I have no way to differentiate between a route that stops at a system and one that simply passes through it. Sorry. You'll have to use your discretion.
- Whenever possible, I made a direct line to subsector capitals.
- Whenever possible, I made loops instead of lines, both for speed of transmission and for the ability to route communication around damage where needed.
- Using this system, communication from sector capital Mora to the other subsector capitals is damn fast, considering that each hex is a parsec (3.5 light years across):
- 2 weeks to reach Lunion and Rhylanor
- 3 weeks to reach Lanth, Glisten and Trin
- 4 weeks to reach Aramis, Frenzie, Regina, Mertactor
- 5 weeks to reach Iderati
- 6 weeks to reach Mire and Jewell (but only 2 weeks from Jewell to Regina)
- Ivendo and Fosey become these odd J-6 hubs, which become less odd when you realize that Ivendo has both a Navy and a Scout base, and Fosey has a Naval Intelligence office. Hmm....
- Icetina is a weird, nonsensical dogleg that existed before I changed the map. I made the reason for its existence into a plot point.
- Similarly, Walston is now a Class B port and X-boat hub due to the actions of the PCs. (It's going to be integrated into the Imperium as soon as the population gets it racism under control.)
- I switched the locations of Bronze and Steel because I had an adventure called "Project Steel" which was all about removing the X-boat base at Biter and routing it through Steel, and the canonical position of Steel made that idiotic. Rather than change the adventure (Steel is habitable, Bronze is not), I used GM fiat to switch the positions of the systems.
- It's now a Jump-2 for the Sword Worlds to get any mail from the Imperium. Suck it, Swordies.
- Flammarion is now even more of a critical hub as it is the official link from the Imperium to the Darrian Confederation. It goes to Spume and not Darrian because I figured it was more important for mail to get onto the Darrian's mail service than to go to the old capital.
- The Zhodani were deliberately left unchanged.
In all likelihood, I have made some mistakes with this map. If you see anything that looks strange, please let me know.