Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teehee Lesbianism

Just a quick mini-rant before I go to bed.

Am I the only one who is more than slightly annoyed at the current fad of young women pretending to be lesbian or bisexual for the sole purpose of garnering male attention?

I call this "Teehee Lesbianism" because in my head I can hear these girls thinking, "Teehee, I'm being so naughty by groping my friend's boobs in this picture! I bet Johnny will get so hard just thinking about it!" It's just so patently transparent that it's about as sexualized as a naked five year old running around going, "Teehee! I'm nekkid!"

To be clear, I'm not exactly incensed into dire hatred about this -- more like I'm exasperated. Are these girls fooling anyone? Are they arousing anyone?

Or is just another case of Cranky Palette Is Cranky?

EDIT: I don't care who or what you fuck as long as it's consensual. It's the patent falseness which bugs me, not the genders involved.

6 comments:

  1. I work on a college campus, so we see a lot of that sort of thing in the area. I wonder if there's a danger of developing serious ocular problems from all the eye-rolling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a high school teacher, I ave to say, this is becoming INCREASINGLY frequent. The sad thing is, while I don't care who or what you want to be with, when I see girls as young as 11 and 12 "experimenting" with lesbianism because "everybody's doing it", when they aren't even mature enough to know what they want yet, then I get concerned. Especially when their exposure is hrough manipulative older girls who KNOW that they're just playing with the young ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gonna agree with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I'm not being cranky? This is a red-letter day for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, no one said you weren't being cranky ... It's just that you have a legitimate reason for it this time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. To answer your question: Johnny.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.