Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The End of the Beginning

The End of the Beginning


When I am alone I dream of the world ending
Cities and monuments crumbling into dust
The weight of the world literally at my feet

Sometimes in this dream I am by myself
Alone but not lonely in an alien land
Needing no one in order to survive.

Other times you are with me
Carving out a new life amidst the wreckage of the old
Starting anew in the most literal of ways.

In both cases I am unrepentantly myself
Living without need for explanation or justification for who I am
Simply being me, no more and no less.

As our world collapses around us
I ask of you the hardest simple task you will ever face:
"Live in hope and not in fear."

2 comments:

  1. very nice

    word verification to post this comment: cesticle

    didn't know there was such a body part...

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.