Monday, May 23, 2011

Latest Poll Results

I should have reported this on Friday, but I was too busy screaming at the top of my lungs at all the idiots who felt the world was about to end but couldn't be bothered to RTFM. I'm still taking deep breaths and measuring my blood pressure.

Anyway, on to the results of the second poll. When I asked, "What level of support are you willing to give in order to get more Curse/Or?" the readers replied:
  1. None. The story is free, so why should I pay for it? 1 vote.
  2. I am willing to give time and effort through feedback and encouragement. 10 votes.
  3. I am willing to donate a few bucks through PayPal. 4 votes.
  4. I am willing to pre-pay through Kickstarter or some other form of ransom. 4 votes. 
 
To the one person who voted for option one: You're a bastard (assuming it wasn't a joke vote), but I applaud your honesty anyway. And I have to admit, I expected a lot more votes in this category. 
 
To the four people who voted to donate money through PayPal: Thank you. I know that some of you have done so already, and I've tried my best to thank you for that through email. If you haven't yet, but mean to, the donation button is now at the top right-hand corner for ease of use.

In fact, if you're one of the people who preferred more Pellatarrum to Curse/Or, just earmark the funds for that in the comments/instructions when you send a donation. Trust me, if money earmarked for more Pellatarrum starts trickling in, you can be sure I'll increase my schedule for it. 

If you're one of the few who offered to pre-pay though Kickstarter or some other ransom method: wow. Thank you. I didn't expect to get any votes in that category, and that it got 21% of the vote just astounds me. I've never done anything through ransom or kickstart before, however. If there's anyone out there with experience in this matter, please contact me. Heck, if you're one of these four, just email me at erin dot palette at gmail dot com so that I can pick your brains regarding what you'd expect for your money. 

And finally, though definitely not least, if you're one of the 10 people who said they would support me with encouragement and comments, I'm going to hold you to that.  Nag me if I haven't written in a while; tell me how much you're looking forward to seeing the next installment. Let me know just how excited you are about what happens next. And then, when I do post something. comment on it. Let me know what you think is awesome and what isn't; what you love and what you hate and how you might have done things differently. 

In short, as a writer, I pretty much live for feedback, and die without deadlines (or some other kind of responsibility). Praise me when I do well and hold me accountable when I don't!

Thanks for taking the time to vote. There will be another poll up by the end of the week.
 

2 comments:

  1. Fine: I shall do my utmost to ensure that you turn out quality verbiage in the manner to which I've become accustomed.  You have my word (my word is 'thrunge', but at least it's something).

    ReplyDelete
  2.  That's quite obviously a portmanteau of "thrusting lunge".

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.