Monday, April 27, 2009

Bad News

I just learned today that our last remaining dog, Amber, has intestinal cancer and should be put down by the end of the week.

Naturally, this has pretty much wrecked me, and the rest of the week is shot to hell.

Because of this, I'm putting Curse/Or on hiatus. It's hard to write a story where the protagonist is a cancer mage when a loved one dies of the damned disease.

So I'll get back to it... when I feel like it, quite frankly.

That said, if I ever do finish the book and get it published, I'm going to donate a percentage of the proceeds to the National Cancer Foundation. I was planning on announcing this anyway (just seems like the karmically right thing to do after all) and now seems a good time.

4 comments:

  1. My condolences. Pets are good people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that, jei-jei. I know how hard it can be when a member family is ill. I grew up with my dogs as well and still miss them occasionally. It's hard when they can't tell you how they feel and you love them so much. My condolences in this difficult time for you, your family, and especially for Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, dude. I am so, so sorry, sweetie. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.