Saturday, April 6, 2013

Do you hate me yet?


Speaking of health and contributions, MSgt B has a post where you can donate to help defray costs for a 6-year-old who is battling brain cancer and is undergoing weekly chemotherapy.



Yes, I am aware that I am rapidly becoming Beggar Girl, asking for you to part with your hard-earned money for various charities. If that bothers you, I apologize. I have very little money of my own to give, so I use the one talent that I have -- writing -- to try and get other people to donate. Believe me, if I were Neil Gaiman I'd just toss off a short story and send the proceeds directly to the charity myself, but I'm not and likely never will be.

I wish to point out that Sam's father was only asking for $500, and he's already met that goal -- so if you are unable to contribute, you do not have any cause to feel bad. Still, we all know that cancer is a sumbitch and they will likely need more than that to help kick its ass. If you would like to help, here is the donation link.

Regardless of whether or not you donate, thank you and God bless. 

7 comments:

  1. People and their causes and stuff... fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate? Never. We all do what we can. But that means we DO what we can.

    So to those of you who do donate, kudos now you can be cynical guilt free.... for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. As I said, I worry about being perceived as "Erin is always nagging me to donate."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nag nag nag nag nag. :D

    I can do guilt free, but I can't seem to turn off the cynical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know how to interpret this. *Am I* nagging girl? Is that an okay thing? Annoying? Annoying yet endearing?


    Or are you just teasing me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm teasing. You're awesome, and I'm glad to see the chances to help.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.