Monday, November 18, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes I look at all the stuff I've written about ponies, and roleplaying games, and everything that isn't political, and I think Why am I doing this? In ten years this won't matter. What matters is making a difference today, and I can only do that by trying to make the world a better place. 

Then I spend a few hours reading political blogs, and I become burdened with a soul-crushing weariness about the world in general.  And that's just from becoming informed about what's happening in our world. It makes me wonder What kind of miserable thing would I become if I had to deal with all this crap on a daily, professional basis?

That's when I positively RUN back to ponies and games.  It isn't that I don't pay attention to what happens in the world; it's that if I had to write about that constantly, I'd find no joy in life whatsoever.  And this blog, aside from the occasional spleen-venting, is about me trying to find joy in what interests me and sharing that with others.

Maybe what I write here will have no lasting difference on the world. So be it; I'd rather be non-notable and happy than influential and miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.