Monday, January 27, 2014

Boosting the Signal Again

A few odds & sods to start off the week:

1. 
Remember my SHTFriday idea?  It's turned into a spin-off blog called Blue Collar Prepping. Unlike this blog, BCP is a collaborative effort among like-minded preppers (one of whom is my good friend Evelyn Hively). We currently have 3 people who have committed to being regular contributors, but I'd like at least another one; that way we can each write one article a week and have 5 full days of content (everyone deserves a weekend off). However, if we get more, all the better!  We also accept guest articles as well (guidelines here).  Head on over and have a look!


2.
Speaking of Evelyn, her project to raise $800 by the end of the month to help out her older siblings has stalled at around $470.  I encourage all of you to look at her catalog of goodies (Etsy store here, photo album of crocheted work here) and see if there's something you'd like for her to make for you.

Doctor Who scarves
1- There's a hundred dollar one made with better yarn at six feet long and a more more manageable size. (Takes 1.5 months to make)
2- A full sized at 12, very accurate reproduction of season 12 is available (it's $425 but that covers everything, takes 3 months to make.)

Shawls
1- I have mutiple patterns for these and currently have black and turqoise available as color choices. These are $50.00 and take roughly 2-4 weeks to make.

Bags
Take your pick of small hand bags, neck purses, messenger bags and tote bags.

Dolls
I can do a very broad range of hair colors, skin colors and dress colors. These are $35.

Traditional hats and scarves:
Any color or combinations.

Crocheted jackets, afghans, etc.

3.
Squeaky is having financial problems again.  I'm at my wit's end about what to do, as I know folks are all fundraisered-out from last year, recovering from Christmas bills, a recession going on, etc. I don't know how to help her and this is freaking me out. If anyone can think of ANYTHING that would help, please let me know, okay?

On a related note, if there is anyone in the Memphis area who is willing to donate 10 square feet of storage for little to no rent, OR is willing to donate a yard shed of roughly that volume, please let me know immediately!  This is quite important.


Don't make me break out the gif of Pinkie Pie giving sad puppy-dog eyes, because you all should know by now that I am totally willing to fight dirty when it comes to helping my friends.  ;)

5 comments:

  1. "Pictures of puppy eyes".

    Do eet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need another hand, I'll do my best to come up with something at least once a week. You know me fairly well, and know that I enjoy helping others where I can. Prepping on a budget sounds like something I can help with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! Let's have a talk about what your areas of expertise are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright. Alright. Anything but the pinky pie eyes.

    Damnit Erin. One day I will figure out how you manage to part people with their money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when you do, because I have no idea either!


    At this point I've just stopped questioning it and have pledged to use my powers only for good and not for selfishness.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.