Friday, January 17, 2014

I have been Batman'd

So yesterday, the Queen of Snark paid me one of the nicest compliments I've ever received.

I was talking about how I wished I had the courage to do a photo shoot with Oleg, because I have this idea for a poster that would have an incredibly powerful message -- but I'm hesitant to do it because I know it will draw a lot of flack, and I don't know if I can handle all the hate and mockery that would result from it.

And then she laid this on me:
Tamara Keel
Tamara Keel
Fuck 'em. They ain't nobody, and you're Erin goddam Palette.
WOW.

I realize I sound like I'm bragging here ("Look, everyone! Look what Tam has to say about me!"), but my only reason for bringing this up is honestly because I want to thank her in as public a way possible for making me feel so very good about myself and giving me what is one of the best compliments I've received in a long time, right when I needed one.

For context, here is why I call this "Batmanning":



So now you know why I'm so flattered. Thank you, Tam. You really don't know how much this means to me. I really don't get what people see in me (and no, that is NOT fishing for flattery, so please don't), but I am delighted every time people that I like and respect tell me I have good qualities and that I should be proud of who I am and what I have done.

So thank you. Not just Tam, but everyone who has stood beside me, everyone who has boosted my ego, and everyone who calls me friend. Thank you all so very, very much.


8 comments:

  1. +1 on Tam!

    Oh, point of reference. During a briefing on a bombing run by a B-17 crew:
    Crewman: "Will we encounter flak?"
    Aircraft Commander: "Yes, that is why we have four engines. Next question?"

    If you feel it would be awesome, DO IT! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn straight! Tamara has the right of it. Love ya kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing you weren't yosemite sam'd, that would hurt. lol

    Seriously, though, Tam is correct, you are who you are, you're an intelligent adult, and there a lot of us who wish you the best even if we don't type it every week. And that's the way it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, I'm an adult? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. bwahahaha :) It happened when you started buying tools, as you mentioned a few days ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "They ain't nobody, and you're Erin goddam Palette."

    Damn right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go to it, and good luck.

    http://youtu.be/rl_ndy61ON4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haters gonna hate. You're really cool and I bet the poster will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.