And no, just for fun, let's play "Count the Crimes Committed":
- 0:15 - Burglary (kid entered his mom's bedroom with the intent to commit theft).
- 0:23 - Robbery AND minor in possession of a firearm AND, depending on the state and the value of the firearm, grand theft.
- 0:40 - Clearly, the kid has time to think about what he's doing -- it's not a spur of the moment thing -- so there's probably some premeditation going on.
- 0:46 - Bringing a firearm onto school grounds (Dinb ding ding! Federal Felony! But good news, Johnny: jail is a gun-free zone, so you ought to feel plenty safe there!).
- 1:41 - Brandishing and/or menacing.
- 1:46 - Transfer of stolen goods AND illegal transfer of a firearm (and, also notably, no Background Check performed on the teacher).
Hat tip to Joe Huffman. Also, per Joe on my Facebook page:
To get the point across this concept is just wrong, replace the gun with a religious book. Stealing and turning in a constitutionally protected object to an authority figure is pretty warped.
Get your licks in now, folks -- I'm pretty sure comments are going to be disabled soon, as the dislike to like ratio is currently 92:1.
* Well, only so long as that free speech is about something they approve.