So here's what I know:
- Her surgery is tentatively scheduled for the end of August, so if funds are short and you want to wait until the first week in September, that is totally cool.
- She loves computer games. Her Steam wishlist is here. I don't quite know how someone can buy a game for another on Steam, but I'm told it's possible.
- She has an extensive Amazon Wishlist here. Note: She really needs that parasol in the top listing, as her meds react badly with sunlight and she burns easily.
- If you don't want to go either of those routes, that's fine; Squeaky has said she's thrilled that people are willing to get her stuff to cheer her up, and just knowing that people are doing this for her cheers her up. So basically, if you can think of something fun or funny to do for her, go for it.
Here's what I don't know:
- Since she's likely to be getting stuff from Amazon and Steam separately, I'm not sure if folks should just send their contribution piecemeal or if we should do like we did for Operation: Tamalanche and put it all in one big box for hand-delivery.
- If we are going the hand-delivery route, I need someone who lives close to her (Memphis, TN) who is willing to act as both central clearinghouse for the goodies and deliveryperson for the goodies when they're all in.
- If you're willing to do this job, please let me know.
- EDIT: This position has been filled. If you have a physical product you wish to send her, please shoot me an email and I'll give you the mailing address for Lymeparty HQ.
|OK, not quite what I was going for, |
but I don't have a lot to work with here...