Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday Writing, Thursday Publishing

This is something I put together Wednesday night, and then promptly spent the next 24 hours wondering if it was worth publishing or not. (This post actually went up late Thursday night.)

I finally decided that I would put this up on Patreon as Patron-only content. However, here is a free taste:
I love you,  she says, putting the pistol on the table between us. But we can't go on like this.

I stare at the gun in front of me. It's a revolver, all blued steel and walnut, the bluing starting to patina from age and the checkering on the grip scratched and worn from use. The barrel isn't pointing at either of us, it's pointing to the left; my left, her right, the handle such that I could easily grab it.

She's left-handed, so she could easily grab it, too.

I look up at her, confused. Her mouth is quirked in a half smile, half wry pout. I don't understand, I ask, my voice rising higher than I intended.

We can't go on like this. One of us has to end it.

I look down at the gun again. The hammer is cocked all the way back. I look up again, and my mouth does a fish impersonation, opening and closing silently, before I find my voice again. Why?

Want to find out what happens next? Become a patron! All it takes is as little as a dollar a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.