Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Still Alive

Yeah, I'm still here. Sorry for missing a few days. Let me bring you up to speed:

On Sunday, Oleg posted a casting call for models in Apopka, FL. I immediately emailed him with
It's only an hour's drive for me. But I expect you'd want someone prettier?
And he replied with
You would do fine, plus we'd get to socialize!
Which surprised the heck out of me, because I figured Oleg could make pretty models materialize out of thin air. But hey, I like the guy, so I packed up my stuff and drove to meet him.

As it turns out, Oleg CAN make pretty models materialize out of thin air, because he bumped into the manager of the hotel that he was staying at, and not only is she drop-dead beautiful, she's also a gunnie (has a CWP, shoots trap & skeet).

And she has this amazing ability to go from "sweetly adorable" to "I'm going to kill everyone in this room" and back in the blink of an eye.



So I wasn't really needed that night, but I don't mind. She really knew her stuff (she modeled as a child) and it was a pleasure to watch her work. She also laughed at all my corny jokes and got all of my nerdy references. We talked about Star Trek, Babylon 5, MacGuyver and Walking Dead.

Unicorns exist, folks. I met one that night. I shall not see her like again in my lifetime...

(I apologize for my face in that link, but it was necessary to prove that I was in her presence.)


So that was Monday. Today was less pleasant:  my allergies were really bothering me, so I took a Benadryl on top of my regular allergy medicine. It worked, but it also made me very tired... combine that lethargy with the onset of my my mid-month blues and Christmas overload, and I just felt the need to hide in my room for most of the day.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.