Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Blue Check Erin?

 So the other day I received this notification on Facebook:


I found this funny, because this is the same platform which censured me for daring to suggest that people who were committing arson should be shot to prevent such arson in the first place. But hey, let's find out what it takes to be a Bluecheka, maybe it will help me get my message out to more people. So let's click on Start Request...


"Please attach government-issued photo ID that shows your name and date of birth."


Yeah, that's a "No" from me, dawg. Even if my photo ID didn't have my deadname on it, I still wouldn't do it, because no way no HOW do I just give Facebook, Facebook's employees, Facebook's employees' spouses, and anyone else associated with Facebook a way to collect personal information about me that could be used to violate my privacy or screw with my credit or expose my location to others. 

They'll just have to buy my information from the Chinese like everyone else. 

2 comments:

  1. Same, bug "NO".
    FB by default is a security risk anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. But FB would NEVER dox someone who's opinions didn't toe thier left side line. Righy?

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.