Sunday, October 23, 2022

WHARRGARBL

 As you've likely noticed, there was no episode of the Assorted Calibers Podcast this week. That was because Weer'd Beard was out of town on vacation and no one wanted the extra duty of editing an episode while he was away. 

I'm posting this here because
  1. I don't like wasting good material on an "away game";
  2. I wanted my readers to laugh at this idiot;
  3. I didn't want to go a whole week without posting anything.



I don't know which is funnier: the whole "Someone mentioned guns, so now I'm thinking about your genitals, hah you have no comeback to that!" or the rapid, nonsensical goalpost-moving pivot which happens next:



So now that I've established this guy is either a troll, or a loon, or both and that his bait isn't going to work, I decide "What the heck" and throw out some bait of my own -- but unlike his, mine is rooted in fact. 



"???" is shorthand for "I don't want to argue in good faith, I just want to spam memes at you and call you names." Cool, dude, right back atcha. 



Ooh, he didn't like that. Facts and attribution are "being silly". 

Ah yes, the much-lauded "Nuh-uh" tactic! Honestly I'm surprised it took him this long. 

And then, after telling me "Bye Felecia"... he starts talking to me again? And bringing up the same tired old argument? This guy is clearly not interested in anything except trying to make me mad, and I'm pleased that I didn't give him the satisfaction. 



Was this a great victory? No. But I had fun, and I was proud of myself that I was able to irritate the troll into blocking me, and hopefully you all had a good time laughing at him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.