Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update on Sunday's Unknown Ponies Game

Wow, I've gotten a huge response to this! In fact, I have more potential players than I can reasonably run at any one time. So let me give some critical information to interested parties:

Due to the massive interest in this game, I am not taking reservations, Participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis, assuming you have a character that's ready to go.

What you need is the following:

  • A Skype account that has friended me, so that I can invite you to play
  • A working microphone for same  (this game will not use video)
  • A character sheet for a Blank Flank pony, emailed to me
  • Your own copy of the rules & character sheet
  • Pencil & two 10 sided dice
In addition, while not strictly necessary, a portrait of your character made using General Zoi's pony generator will earn you an in-game benefit.


Other than that, show up ready to have fun! I hate having to say this, but "ready to have fun" means:
  • Don't be a jerk.
  • Realize this is supposed to be a fun, lighthearted adventure, not a grimdark dungeon crawl.
  • If you're too shy or socially awkward to role-play a cartoon pony over a microphone, this is not the game for you.
I am in the process of making a blank character sheet, as well as posting "sample pony characters" as helpful examples. I'd like to have those up today, but I don't know if that's possible. 

Finally, I make NO PROMISES WHATSOEVER, but I might -- maybe, might, it could happen but it could just as easily not happen -- be able to run an earlier session from 1-5 pm Eastern. I will have to check my schedule.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, so I've skimmed through the PDF of the rules. Quick question: Is it beneficial for me to read through the Unknown Armies PDF as well? There are a lot of pages...

    Also, from skimming through your PDF, I'm assuming that there won't be much use of combat mechanics, but rather a set of skill challenges based of social situations resulting form roleplaying? Uhm, sorry if that didn't make sense, as I stated earlier, I'm rather inexperienced at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you REALLY need to read in UA is page 7, which I should probably cut out and include in the next version of Unknown Ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, just like in the cartoon, combat is rarely (if ever) the proper way to solve a problem. Interaction and problem-solving are the order of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Skype, no mic.  I did make a pony picture and posted to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I commented! You are now part of the Herd. *hoofbump*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who thinks its interesting that we are using a quite dark and gothie RPG as the base for a flamboyant game about talking ponies? Either way, sound like a hoot to my.

    How do you want us to submit our ponies, from the pony creator?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's funny as hell, and quite subversive.

    Email me a screen capture and/or your pony export code.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If there is still a space I'm pretty keen on being in the game. I run MLP roleplay games and UA is one of my first most loved systems. However I've rolled all over your blog and I can't find any skype info. Sadface. Could you point me towards your skype stuff if ever you decide to run a game again? I have a character all ready and waiting to go ^^ 

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.