Sunday, June 12, 2016

I'm All Right

Hi, everyone. I'm fine. I know a lot of you were worried that I might have been harmed in the Orlando nightclub shooting last night (I've gotten more than a few emails, PMs and at least one G+ comment) so let me set your minds at ease by stating I was at home all last night.

Home, by the way, is Daytona Beach, which is at least an hour's interstate drive from Orlando (and that isn't counting time spent in traffic within the city), I was literally in the next county over, so if anything happens in Orlando that affects me it's going to be BIG. As in, Nuclear/Biological/Chemical attack big.

That said, it's not unreasonable to think that I might have gone into Orlando for a night of clubbing. However, Florida has statutes against carrying in businesses whose primary source of revenue is alcohol sales (and I'm not going to analyze a location to see if it's primarily a bar or primarily a dance club), and my rule of thumb is "If there aren't armed guards and I'm not allowed to carry, I don't go there unless it's unavoidable."

Thank you to everyone who expressed concern for my well-being. I appreciate it more than you know. You take care of yourselves as well -- in the words of fellow GBVC contributor Beth Alcazar, "Stay safe and be well-armed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.