Anyway, one symptom of this is a form of ADD, where my brain will latch onto a random thing as if it were critically important and not let go of it until I've either resolved the issue or worried it to death.
Which is why, when I woke up this morning with an unexplained urge to make a mixtape playlist for Vampire: the Masquerade, I pretty much knew I needed to do it. Fortunately my friends on Facebook expressed an interest, so the time I spent making it wasn't totally wasted. And now, I get to share it with you!
A few disclaimers before I start:
- There's at least one song there that I'm sure will just ruin the experience for you.
- There are already two excellent V;tM playlists in existence. I didn't try to replicate them, although I did lift a song or two from them.
- I'm certain I've missed at least one song that "absolutely should have included" and its absence just ruins the playlist for you.
If you want to make your own playlist (and you really should), then proper White Wolf numbers are 7, 10, and 13, if you're counting tracks. I went with 20 because I initially had 16 and couldn't bring myself to trim what I had.
- Forever Knight theme
- Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart
- Moon over Bourbon Street by Sting
- Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) by Concrete Blonde
- Mitternacht by E Nomine
- Primitive Kiss by Carol Tatum (Angels of Venice) and Charles Edward (Seraphim Shock)
- Voodoo by Godsmack
- You’re So Sexual by Christopher
- Vampyre Erotica by Inkubus Sukkubus
- Bloodline (v2.0) by The Crüxshadows
- Lilies by The Cranes (the best Malkavian song I’ve ever heard)
- Swamped by Lacuna Coil
- Black No. 1 - Type O Negative
- When You Don’t See Me by The Sisters of Mercy
- Hemoglobin by Beborn Beton
- Cannibal by Ke$ha
- Bloodsucker 2000 by Paralysed Age
- Nightfall by Xandria
- Cry Little Sister by Gerard McMahon
- Slept So Long by Jay Gordon
- Honorable Mention/Bonus Track Sympathy for the Devil violin cover (artist unknown)