Saturday, August 19, 2023

Status Update 2

This is the first time in nearly a month that I've felt up to writing anything at all. I haven't even felt up to posting the latest podcast episode, which is pretty easy.

I'm not yet ready to go into detail why, but the short version is that on August 4 I had to put my beloved dog Daisy to sleep. I cry every time I think about her, which is daily, so I've been crying at least once a day for three weeks and all that emotion takes a toll on me. I'm crying right now just typing this. 

Anyway, we got through my dad's funeral without any drama. It was a nice service, tastefully done. I think he would have liked it. 

The house is still a mess because the insurance adjuster is having to fight the insurance company tooth and nail to get them to pay out. For those keeping track, we had the mold (and the carpets, and a significant portion of drywall) removed back in February.

We've had to get a new dishwasher because the old one just stopped cleaning the dishes and instead baked food particles onto them, I've had to repair the wonky French-style refrigerator door yet again-- and each time I do it I wonder if today will be the day that I can't fix it / break it worse -- and today I noticed corrosion on the hot water heater. 

I would really like the world to stop beating me down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.