Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jericho Update

It is an odd truism of my life that the moment I declare something to be a certain way, the universe suddenly reverses. Case in point: not 24 hours after yesterday's post that I didn't know when I would feel up to writing again -- I feel like writing again.

Of course, if I'm expecting a call I deliberately go take a shower with the full intent of making the phone ring while I bathe, so that should tell you something about my life.

I bring this up because I hope it will hold true in regards to Jericho. It's been a week since CBS announced the cancellation of this fine show, and in that time the fans have mobilized to show their support.

  1. As of this writing, there are nearly 80,000 signatures on the "Save Jericho Petition".
  2. CBS Administrators have acknowledged the existence of an outraged fan community and in this message have stated that "In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story." I'll believe it when I see it, but the fact that we're getting responses means something.
  3. In a related note, the stars of Jericho have posted their thanks for our love and support. Look for the 5-starred posts.
  4. There are rumors that TNT may pick up the series. This is currently unsubstantiated. If I learn anything, I'll post it.
  5. This last one is the most spectacular: A company called NutsOnline is taking orders to have crates of roasted peanuts delivered to CBS offices. From their website:
NUTS! Save Jericho! Jericho fans unite! In addition to sending individual orders to CBS programming executives, as a Jericho fan you can now contribute money to massive shipments of nuts. NutsOnline will do our part by pooling monies and supplying nuts at a steep discount! At the end of each day we will tally dollars collected and ship out huge quantities of roasted peanuts in the shell!
You can contribute as little as $5.00 to this effort. As of this writing, they have delivered over 16,000 pounds of nuts to the CBS headquarters. That's eight tons, folks.

In closing, let me leave you with this thought from Jeffrey, who runs NutsOnline:
I wonder if the real trick to getting this back on the air is by watching the episodes online, where CBS can see real, hard data.
He makes an excellent point. If you haven't done so, please encourage your friends to give the show a try by watching online episodes at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/.

Thank you all, and remember: Keep saying "NUTS!" to CBS!

6 comments:

  1. I can see the headline now: "CBS Executive With Allergy to Nuts Killed by Protesting Fans"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cancellation of Beloved Show Ends in Death"

    I would laugh my fool head off....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOD you had to go and link me and get me addicted to a cancelled show, didn't you!? Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how do we go about getting Brisco County Jr. back, Palette?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...awww. Troy. Why did you have to do it. Now you got me reminded of one of my old favorite shows.

    Ok. So it wasn't all that high class (still. Bruce Cambell, Christian Clemenson and Kelly Rutherford) but face it. It pretty much defined "comedy featuring action and humouristic anachronism" way before Xena.
    And did it way better.

    Basicly I just loved Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack: I am evil, yet delicious. Thank you for your continued patronage. :)

    Troy and Bunny: I solemnly swear that when I become Benevolent Dictatrix of a sufficiently large country, I will give Bruce Campbell a subsidy to make /star in whatever TV series or movies he wants.

    Likewise Joss Whedon, but I will require him to write no less than 5 seasons of Firefly.

    Also, free broadband for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.