So here's what I know, and if anyone else sees a mistake or knows a better way to do it, please leave a comment below!
- Download the Sentinel+ extractor.
- Log in to City of Heroes.
- Pick the character you want to save and enter the game.
- In the text box, write /info_self and hit enter.
- Tab out of CoH and run the extractor by double-clicking the icon.
- A window will pop up, telling you that you have successfully saved the character.
- Log out of the character and repeat.
Now, a few disclaimers:
- I have no idea if this will save Supergroup or Auction House data, so if you have goodies in the AH or base storage that you want saved, it's a good idea to pull them into personal inventory before you run the extractor.
- Similarly, if you have stuff in the mail like enhancements or influence, you might want to grab that too.
- Your data will be saved in the same folder as the extractor. I really, really, really recommend you back it up to the cloud or a thumb drive or a CD-ROM or whatever, just in case your hard drive suddenly decides to stop working.
Finally, if you are a long-time player with tons of characters and whose subscription has lapsed, you will find yourself in a bind as you will likely have more characters than unlocked slots. Fear not! There is a way around this.
- If you have Paragoin Points left over, you can purchase more character slots. This is the way to go if you want to try to save SG data.
- Next, log in to the forums here to use the Character Copy Tool. I'm not sure if it will let you register if you don't already have a login. I hope it does, but if not -- sorry, you're screwed.
- Transfer your remaining unlocked characters to the Beta Server.
- Download and install the Beta Server on your computer using the BCSoft Launcher.
- Please note how damn near everything on Beta Server costs you zero points. I'm not saying you should abuse this to get tons of free stuff just in case Plan Z works, but I won't ever know if you do, so...
- At any rate, you can buy (for free) as many server slots as you want. Use these to unlock your transferred characters.
- Download the Extractor for Beta Server.
- Repeat the steps I listed earlier.
- If you have run out of room, you may delete the characters on Beta to free up the slots, and then transfer more characters for copying.
- Make sure your character data is safely backed up.
And that's it, so far as I know. I hope you find this helpful and informative. Until then...