Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'm going to hell for laughing about this...

This is probably something better suited for Wednesday night wackiness, but I wanted to publish this before some other gunblogger beat me to it.

So, there's this thing out there called Flower Shells:


And that's fine, if a bit ironic in that the whole "Guns are bad, mmkay? But if we make them shoot flowers suddenly they're good again" thing only lends more proof to the fact that it isn't the tool that makes something dangerous, but rather the intent behind it. Okay hippie, whatever makes you happy. Buy a shotgun to shoot flowers? Sure, why not.

But after I scrolled down a bit on their website, I damn near fell out of my chair from laughing at the cluenessness of it all.

In the immortal words of Eminem, "I'm going to hell... who's coming with me?"

For anyone who doesn't understand why I'm laughing like a jackass, it is worth noting that in the '99 Columbine massacre, both killers used sawed-off 12-gauge shotguns... and these shells are for 12-gauge shotguns.

Yes, I know it's in incredibly poor taste to laugh at this. It's also, in my opinion, incredibly tone-deaf to offer that particular product in America. If a regular ammunition company offered something like this, the Internet Outrage Machine would immediately switch on and accuse them of insensitivity and thinking only of profit at the expense of the memory of dead children.

So why can't I hold these yahoos to the same standards and point & laugh at their idiocy?  They shouldn't get a pass just because they're green.

11 comments:

  1. Did you see the Indiegogo link? http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flower-shell
    Currently at 20 contributors, $1050.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh. I really don't care if it succeeds or fails. I got to point and laugh, so I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wouldn't getting blasted with seeds at short range still be unhealthy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say laugh away. Scattering those seeds at high velocity isn't likely to result in many plants sprouting, IMO. And yes, it is ridiculous - both the product itself and the fact that "internet outrage" isn't happening (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably. And I hope it would end up like The Fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you posted this. The same thought went through my twisted head when I read the website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably.


    My thought was, "Any bad-guy so blasted would literally be 'pushing up daisies'." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You Bring the Derp, we'll bring the LOL!


    No sin in that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I guess they're eco-friendly at least... *snicker* *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  10. If we're going to hell anyway, I'll save you a seat. I laughed so hard even the dog looked at me funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was lurking in the back of my mind but i just couldn't bring myself to type it, I'm too much of a wall flower i suppose.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.