Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Keeping an I on Hurricane Ian

Hurricane Ian coming ashore Wednesday night

Ian projected to lose its power over land Thursday morning

Ian just a Tropical Storm by the time it reaches me

First, I want to thank everyone who has checked in on me to ask if I'm okay and/or if I'm bugging out or bunkering in. I know that Hurricane Ian looks scary, and for those folks on the Gulf Coast of Florida is is scary, what with it being a projected Category 4. 

Fortunately for me, I'm on the Atlantic Coast of the state and have about 200 miles of land between Ian and me, so by the time it reaches us it ought to be just a Tropical Storm, which is basically an uber-thunderstorm. We'll get some strong wind, but nothing which will damage a house, and a lot of rain --18 inches, last I heard -- but Florida is set for that. I have two artificial lakes near my house to handle runoff. 

The worst which could happen is we lose power for a while and I'm uncomfortable without air conditioning and internet access. 

Far more annoying to me is the fact that the airline, or perhaps the airport, canceled my flight from Daytona Beach to Dallas for GRPC. They probably have a policy about not flying in tropical storms, the pansies. 

The cancelation email said "We're sorry for the change and are working to rebook your trip. Look for an update from us soon." so maybe there's a chance they can fly me out on Friday. I haven't heard back from them yet, though. Maybe by tomorrow morning I'll know more. 

So I'm okay, and I'm confident my family and I will be okay. I'll keep you all posted as things develop. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.