No doubt some of you are thinking my objection to this are a defense of my fandom, and I will grant that you are partially correct. However, let's unpack this for discussion because there's more to this going on.
1. "Adult fans of the show need to have their asses kicked."
So you're advocating, even in jest, the abuse of people who like something you do not like because you think is effeminate? Why don't you just be forthright with your bigotry and say "I hates me some fags, and I sure do like stompin' on 'em. They need toughenin' up. Smear that queer!" Because then at least you'd be honest about your motivations.
So that attitude of yours? YOU are why I carry a gun. Think about that.
2. "You're all stupid and immature for liking this."
Let me just pull out a few more phrases and let me see if any of them sound familiar to you.
- The more you talk about My Little Pony, the smaller I think your penis is.
- I’m not interested in My Little Pony I was blessed with a big dick. But I understand the impotent pantywaists who need them to play with.
- Is there a way to substitute a different compensation item instead of My Little Pony for insecure young and middle-aged men?
Seem familiar? These phrases were taken from the first two "Markley's Law" pages of Joe Huffman's blog. I just substituted "My Little Pony" for "guns". And yet, I've heard arguments against MLP that are nearly clones of these.
My point here is that the moment any of us label a hobby as immature/faggy/in need of a good asskicking, we are doing exactly what the Brady Bunch and Joyce Foundation and CGSV do to gun owners. They call us immature and prone to violence and dumb rednecks and, if you’re male, desperately trying to compensate for a tiny penis. Gunnies who hate people who like MLP... call us immature and faggots and prone to pedophilia and, if you're male, desperately trying to compensate for not having a vagina.
Can you folks not see that you are doing to other people exactly the same crap as the antis are doing to us? You’re better than that. Stop it.