Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Continuing Bronification of the Gun-Blog-O-Sphere

While I'm not sure if I am entirely to blame for the growing number of gunbronies on the internetz, I am more than willing to take the blame for being Patient Zero. However, I do need to claim responsibility for at least a few points of infection.

Because I wanted him to make me an MLP-themed holster to go along with my spiffy new Glock 26, Evyl Robot Michael (aka Mr. In Jennifer's Head) decided that he should watch a few episodes to see what all the fuss was about and possibly get a better idea of what I wanted. Since this coincided with Jennifer's enforced downtime due to back-fuckery, they both decided it would be a good idea to give it a try. Just the pilot episode, you see.

The next thing I hear, they've finished episode 10 and are about to watch one of the greatest earworm episodes ever made, Winter Wrap-Up. At that point I know it's just a matter of time before they're one of us, one of us, one of us.




As of this writing, they've just finished episode 16 of season 2, and both have declared that "Rainbow Dash is Best Pony." My work here is done.

Speaking of work, here are pictures of the absolutely beautiful custom holster I was talking about a few paragraphs ago:






Sexy, no?

(A larger picture of "Luna with twin TAR21s" may be found here.)

EDIT: a review of this holster may be found here.




Moving on, I see that in the wake of his visit to Daytona, McThag has seen some episodes of MLP as well and has realized that not only do guns and pones go together like peanut butter and chocolate, they also make for really fantastic/terrible visual puns such as:



If you're confused, non-gunnie bronies, go here for an explanation. You may also see a prototype of the finished design here

Finally, I am working on converting Bear to the pony side of the Force. I'm already partially there because, of his own accord, he decided to post this picture:

The Glambo Signature Series "My Little Pony" M4A1

I would like to point out that
  1. I find those colors hideous, and
  2. I would buy one anyway, just for the conniptions it would cause among purists and gun-banners alike.

So by my count, that's 3 converts and one proto-convert (and I'll be sending him a DVD of choice episodes later on).  Go on, hate me if you must: your opprobrium only makes me stronger. 

Yes, I am aware of the improper apostrophe, and it burns me.

21 comments:

  1. Too late, the holster's already made. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,   very nice holster.
    How do you think the image will hold up?

    Also was it Evyl Robot Michael who made it? It's not exactly clear.

    Man, I haven't gotten any gunpony converts.   Well least weerd got a kick out of that one vid I found.

    And your third gun brony link just goes to blogger home.  Am curious who it is.  I'm thinking Linoge ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evyl Robot did in fact make it. I suppose I should link to his commercial site and not his blog. 

    He said he put like 5 coats of clear coat on it, so it should stand up to abuse. :)

    Argh for wrong links. It's supposed to go to Atomic Nerds. One moment while I correct...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty sweet.  Also, if I saw someone with that AR on the range, I would have to buy them lunch.  My daughters will have a choice of whatever pattern they want on their AR.  I'm sure we will end up with a pink one in the collection adorned with whatever characters are popular at that time.  And I will gladly shell out the money if it makes them happy to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice.   Should wear well then.

    Hah! So that was you?  

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one that got LabRat into FiM.
    Unless I'm getting LabRat and Stingray confused again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know who it was that exposed LabRat to ponies.  If it was me, then it wasn't directly.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. episode 6 season 1. Though I'd be willing to go to fisticuffs at this point to defend applejack as best. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. The avalanche has begun, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  11.  I was exposed by bronies as a social phenomenon.  I really had to see the cartoon aimed at little girls that caught the 18-35 male as a periphery demographic.

    Where I was actually personally won over was the loving homage to Chuck Jones in the first "real" episode.

    ReplyDelete
  12.  18-35?

    Whew. I'm safe then. [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. You rock, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with 45er.  If I saw someone with one of those ARs at the range, I'd buy them lunch and take a mess of photographs. 

    That's more full of epic WIN than the famous pink My Little Pony AR, and right up with the Kalashnakity tee shirts. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. The apostrophe need not be improper if you use it as a contraction of "Hater is going to Hate" - either way, stumbled upon this blog. Interesting stuff. 

    ReplyDelete
  16.  Me too, thankfully!  I'll just head back to my "Game of Thrones" and "Hatfields and McCoys" episodes now, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17.  Hiss, boo. Right, clearly I have to finish my time machine and then blackmail the owners of the MLP franchise into keeping the IP away from Faust

    ReplyDelete
  18. The image of colorful gun reminds me of my old days, because when i was kid i use to play alot with my Water Gun

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.