Friday, August 2, 2013

All right, enough fucking around

Squeaky's donation total (38% of goal) hasn't moved since last night. So I will take a cue from the Evyl Robot, call you all bitches, and step up.

If you FULLY FUND Squeaky's surgery, I will post a picture of my face on the internet. My blog, Facebook, G+, Twitter, everywhere.

There is only one rule, and it is this:  her surgery is at the end of August, so this offer expires at midnight my time, August 31, 2013. If she is fully funded by then, you'll get to see my ugly mug in all its hideous glory -- no fakes, no masks, no blurs or gaussian fades, no pictures in a dark room with no flash.

Shit, if I can get a hold of Oleg between now and then, I'll let him take a professional picture of me.

So there you go. I have stepped up. This is my A game. Come at me, bro!


UPDATE 1:  Squeaky has set up a donation page at YouCaring.com.  After just 10 hours, $140 has been donated.  This is an excellent start, and if you guys can keep up this pace, she'll be funded in less than two weeks!


UPDATE 2:  Oleg has risen to the challenge and has posted the following on Facebook:

I took a few photos of Erin in early July* but will do more and better for the purpose if this comes through. And Bonnie is worth helping even if you aren't curious about Erin's mugshot.
* Technically it was late June, as I was on my way to the Bidet Shoot, but that's a minor point.


UPDATE 3, for context: New readers may be wondering why showing my face is a big deal. If you are, please go read this post where I detail what it's like having body dysmorphic disorder. 

10 comments:

  1. I'd donate again, but blood and turnips and such...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donating once was sufficient, Thag. No need to feel bad about not doing more. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the gauntlet has been thrown.

    Damn, you can say this about Erin, she doesn't do things by half measures.

    Now step up all you mule-skinners and layabouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. My hat is off to you, rock star

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I am in for 3. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NP, your friend needs help and we do what we can.

    And try not to let you problems get you down you are not along in your disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I understand that, it is difficult to internalize, since I'm the only one who has to live inside my body. Therefore I only see my problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are each different so we each look and see things differently. As for me I was born with a cleft in the hard pallet, at 6 months old doctors closed the cleft but I got a staff infection that left took a large pice of my right nostril. So I grew up with two disfigurements and the best part is I am 6' 7" tall so there is no place for me to hide my looks or self. I am not trying to one up you but let you know your not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I donated once, forgot, donated again when ER called us all B******S. Nobody calls me a bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ain't kidding. Go big or go home, I guess. I'm hoping some OT money comes in shortly, so I can get on board a truck worth being on. Bonnie seems good people, and good people deserve the love.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.