Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WNW: This is dumb and I want one

Fuck you and your candy-ass silencers.  Here in Murrica, we have the LOUDENER!
No you didn’t read that title wrong, the folks over at Snake Hound Machine actually have a muzzle brake in the works that makes your rifle (or AR pistol) even louder than it already is. Their “Loudener” muzzle brake is touted as the most “obnoxious, ear-shattering, explosive muzzle device you can put on a gun”. It has a single chamber that allows the burning gases to expand before it hits the baffle which lets everyone at the range two counties over that you mean business. What’s the practical purpose of this device? There is none, but boy do I want to shoot at AR with one of these! There’s no definite release date on them as of yet, but Snake Hound Machine did say they’ll be available in both 5.56 and .308.




This is almost enough to make me want to thread the barrel of my Mosin, just to enhance the already impressive BOOM.


(h/t to Robb Allen)

9 comments:

  1. On a Mosin? Allow me to suggest the use of asbestos shoelaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that it is physically possible to make a Mosin louder, and I own two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure either, but damned if I don't want to try and find out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now they need a matching Burninator attachment. Maybe some kind of linked device that sprays lighter fluid, propane, non-dairy creamer, etc into the path of the fireball to enhance the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From SHM's FB page:


    Release date is Sept 1
    AR $75
    AK $75
    .308 $85

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I have access to a machine shop, I plan to try my hand at making a muzzle brake for at least one on my Mosins (Damn things are like Lay's Potato Chips, you can't have just one). If you have design ideas, let me know.


    By the way, don't let this obsession with loudness drive you to by a motorcycle built by an American t-shirt company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen things online where people make muzzle brakes from old Mosin socket bayonets. The good news is, you know it'll fit and not fall off. The bad news is, you have to destroy a bayonet to get it to work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simpsons in real life.
    When Homer bought his gun....


    Gun store clerk (sounding a big like Charles Bronson): "Here's your shoulder holster, here's your silencer, here's your loudener, and with this you can shoot down police helicopters."
    Homer: "I don't need to shoot down police helicopters.....yet."

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.